Sunday, November 28, 2010

1,842 milezzz to yuma


Well we took our first vacation to arizona and boy was it awesome ...im really embracing the cowboy mentality and really loving the country! I documented the whole thing since I knew I would be blogging:)

So we took off on thursday and we hit up a beautiful sunset
So our first stop was my sister Amy's house in glibert AZ we had so fun we hung out we did a lil fishing had a birthday dinner and lets not forget ............skateland!!!!
Eli was ..lets just say it might have been bambie the first time he hit the ice...my stomach was hurting so bad from laughing!
Don't worry me and Amy really had some moves......O.K  im gonna let you in on a lil secret....Me and my sister used to pretend that we were iceskaters and would do performances in our driveway to disney soundtracks mostly Beauty and the Beast and of course the lil mermaid !! so we were really bringing back some of our old moves!!!(by the way my sister was like 15 and i was like 7)

we were all having a really good time! Once eli was over the rollerskaing ... he went back to his roots dancing ...he's really just following in his aunt sissy(me) footsteps.
So we also did a lil fishing while we were there jr he's my mini me he caught a lil guy you can see it right down there in the right corner

So we hung out there for a couple more days ..saw one of Jays mission companion's and Jay had to do some work down there but it was awesome cuz his work paid for all are gas for the whole trip!!! ....and the lord just keeps the blessings coming!

and then we off again on the road to yuma!!
passing the time....... we stopped at a lil gas station and there were just hundreds of rad figurines, Jay said I had three dollars I could spend on a souvenir so I bought pueblo
We finally made it to yuma after 300 miles of driving we did a lot of really cowboyish things are first stop with grandma Lynda was the Yuma territorial PRISON! it was awesome I was so excited to go there were a lot of cool facts.There was a girl that entered there for killing her lover who had cheated on her and cut out his heart and then threw it at his face haha, and a lot of other really crazy things like the dark whole who some prisoners were there for 4 months straight. They would throw down snakes and scorpions, let me tell you it was dark! I could not imagine being in that in 120 degree weather...yikes!




Jay was really breaking out his modeling skills ha



The next thing we learned how to do was Knitting....well jay used a loom but grandma Lynda taught me the old skooll way and we made beanies and I knitted headbands ....I still have a lot to learn, but I learned from the best!
 Then next we did a lil shooting with grandpa at the range! It was awesome....I shot a riffle, a shot gun, a old cowboy pistol and 9mil! Grandpa knows a lot about guns he taught me some good stuff..the riffle was my favorite grandpa lee said I would make a great cowboy shooter!!

Two peas in a pod......Really!
Theres a lot of hidden talents that Jay has that I just had no idea about one of them is gun shooting...He won some oldwest competition shooting ......others include indian floot playing, beat boxing, kong fu, tai chi, karate...he can play a couple songs on the piano and now a loomer! he's really well rounded! I love him:)
So the rest of the time with grandma and grandpa merrifield at there Alamo we ate a really good deep fried turkey with some of there neighbor friends and the rest of Jays family. Went to Mr. fish with the best fish tacos ever ...who would have known they would be in yuma Arizona! And just enjoyed talking watching John Wayne cowboy movies and of course some more knitting... and maybe a lil of black friday shopping!

No comments: